Structural engineer - Precast & RCC
WBK Engineering Services is a structural engineering consultancy firm with professionals from India and Europe. Our team has a vast experience in structural design and detailing of building structures. WBK caters to both the international and the Indian market. For the international market we serve as a global engineering outsourcing centre. For the Indian market we work as structural design consultant and provide consultancy services to architects, contractors and developers.
As a structural engineer you are responsible for the structural analysis and design of RCC and Precast concrete buildings located in India.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Attend the project meetings along with the client, architect and other project consultants to understand the design requirements.
– Prepare the design brief and propose feasible and sustainable solutions as per the requirements of the client and the architect.
– Prepare the structural design basis report.
– Perform gravity and lateral load calculations based on the latest relevant codes.
– Preparation of accurate structural analysis models.
– Preparation of detailed structural design calculations of the structural members of substructure and superstructure and the connections.
– Achieve safe and sound structural designs of all the structures. All designs shall have adequate strength, stability and serviceability.
– Provide sufficient information to the drafting team to prepare the structural drawings and details.
– Provide sufficient information to the junior engineers to prepare the structural calculations.
– Prepare proper documentation of the structural analysis and design calculations so that they can be submitted for review by external parties.
– Reviewing the structural design and detail drawings, prepared by the drafting team, to check if they are made conform the design calculations.
– Review drawings and documents of external parties to verify the structural requirements.
– Site visits to monitor and check if the construction is executed as per the structural drawings and specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
– Strong knowledge of reinforced concrete design.
– In depth understanding of seismic design of building structures.
– Able to satisfactorily read, understands, and interprets architectural and structural drawings.
– Able to guide a team of draughtsman.
– Fast learner and able to work precise and concentrated.
– Good English language communication skills both verbally and in written form.
– Strong attention to detail with proficient level of accuracy.
– Ability to visualize in 3D.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Education / Experience / Certifications
– Minimum educational qualification: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
– Preferred to have Master Degree in Civil with specialization in structural engineering and earthquake resistant design of building structures.
– Minimum 3 years of experience in structural analysis and design of building structures.
– Experience working with structural analysis software like Etabs and Safe.
– Working experience with CAD software.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
– Knowledge and experience in precast design and prestressed concrete design is a plus.
To apply for the job of Coordinator & Checker for our Gurgaon office send your detailed resume with motivation to:firstname.lastname@example.org