Coordinator & checker - International projects
WBK Engineering Services is a structural engineering consultancy firm with professionals from India and Europe. Our team has a vast experience in structural design and detailing of building structures. WBK caters to both the international and the Indian market. For the international market we serve as a global engineering outsourcing centre. For the Indian market we work as structural design consultant and provide consultancy services to architects, contractors and developers.
This job combines the roles of project coordinator and checker for our international precast & RCC detailing projects. We are looking for a person who can coordinate project schedules, resources and information with our foreign clients. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent communication skills, as you will collaborate with foreign clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. Furthermore this person will play an integral role as a technical member of the design and detailing team. Important responsibilities include; verifying the accuracy of precast & RCC detail drawings, marking required corrections and returning drawings to the detailers for corrections.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Coordinator
– Coordinating project schedules, resources and information
– Acts as drawing coordinator by providing oversight of drawings produced by the team.
– Liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
– Ensuring that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves.
– Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
– Act as the point of contact and communicate the project status to all participants.
– Prepare RFIs together with the internal teams.
– Maintain comprehensive RFI registers and follow up on pending issues.
– Recognizes and communicates to management any issues or problems associated with work being performed.
As a Checker
– Reviews and check precast shop drawings, piece tickets, and fabrication materials for compliance to production and drawing standards.
– Review and check precast erection plans and elevation drawings, checking all dimensions against contract documents and standards.
– Ensure adequate information is correctly interpreted and included on drawings
– Conformance of shop drawings with contract documents and quantity takeoff.
– Consistency of drawing presentation with production methods and detailing standards.
– If required prepare or finalize drawings using 2D computer-assisted drafting (CAD).
– Work with internal detailing group to maintain and improve detailing standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
– Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
– Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
– Excellent English language communication skills both verbally and in written form.
– Good understanding about building technology and detailing.
– Strong attention to detail with proficient level of accuracy.
– Ability to visualize in 3D.
– Ability to follow unstructured processes and tolerate ambiguity as situations arise.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
– Must have a proactive approach.
– Builds trust and respect. Places a high value on collaboration. Is easy to approach and talk to.
– Communicates and acts with honesty and transparency, even in difficult situations.
– Ability to tactfully communicate with various team members and the management.
Education / Experience / Certifications
– B.Tech/M.Tech in civil engineering
– Or B.Arch/M.Arch with a keen interest in building structures.
– Autocad 2D experience
– Proficient with Microsoft Office software
– Precast design and detailing experience is a plus
– BIM software knowledge like Tekla/Revit/Allplan is a plus
Job location and requirements
You will be operating from our Gurgaon office and be in touch with our international clients through email and other chat/video call software. Due to time zone differences it might be required on some working days to have variable office timings to be able to communicate with our international clients.